Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sometimes, They Move a Feast

Yesterday, I rode about 15 miles, but it was rough going. Later, I went with a friend to give advice and support as he bought a new road bike.

In the evening, it was time for church league softball. Our game was supposed to be at 8:30pm, but sometime yesterday was moved to 9:30. I stretched, I warmed up, I ran a bit. But when I was running to first at my first at-bat, I pulled muscles in both legs. The legs still hurt very much. I played the whole game, and ended up with two hits, a walk and a score. My fielding leaves something to be desired, I muffed a couple of plays, although I had one good catch. We were in the game until the end, but we still lost. I really do not like losing. But it is just a game for fellowship and exercise.

In this part of the world, the Bishops have moved the feast of the Ascension of our Lord to the 7th Sunday of Easter. The Ascension is an important part of our faith, although we probably do not focus on it too much. The Resurrection was not, and never intended to be, a return to the same kind of life we experience here on earth. Yes, Jesus ate and drank with His disciples, but now He sits at the right hand of the Father. Jesus did not leave His human body on earth when He ascended. Rather, He took it up to heave, where He intercedes for His Church and prepares a place of unimaginable riches for us. To receive these riches is part of our vocation as disciples of Jesus Christ.

But it is also part of our vocation to go out into the world and make more disciples, so that the hearts of all others would also be enlightened with the Truth of Jesus Christ and that they too would experience the surpassing greatness of His power and love. We may not feel particularly comfortable going out to evangelize others, but that is what Jesus is asking us to do. And He has promised to be with us so that we can accomplish His goal.

1 comment:

Ladybuggz said...

Good blog. Sorry your legs hurt.